- Suffolk Meals on Wheels volunteers deliver meals Monday-Friday between 11:00am and 1:30pm. Each meal delivery consists of one hot meal, one chilled meal, and two beverages.
- A completed application and a non-refundable deposit of $75 is required to start meal service. This payment can be made on our website under “Make a Payment”. Please include the name of the recipient in the memo line. We also accept cash and check, which can be mailed or dropped off in the Suffolk Meals on Wheels dropbox located on the Garden Level of Sentara Obici. This deposit covers the first 10 days of meal delivery. Meal cost is $7.50 per day after deposit is used. Meal delivery will continue after 10 day deposit is used unless otherwise notified.
- Invoices are mailed monthly to the recipient or authorized representative
- Suffolk Meals on Wheels is a community-based, not-for-profit organization that relies on private payments, donations, and grants to provide services. If you are over the age of 60 and unable to pay for your meals, please call Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia at 757-461-9481 to see if you qualify for financial assistance.
- Please notify Suffolk Meals on Wheels at least 24 hours in advance if recipient will not be home for a delivery due to a doctor’s appointment or other scheduling conflict. If communication is not received in advance, the recipient’s account will be charged for the meals made.
*In response to COVID-19, Suffolk Meals on Wheels has implemented low to no contact deliveries for the safety of our recipients and volunteers. If a recipient or member of a recipient’s household is exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19, please call the Suffolk Meals on Wheels office at 757-934-4911 to make alternate delivery arrangements*